Thursday, November 25, 2010

Winter is Coming

I think I can safely say Winter is on its way.  It is chilly and breezy outside and I'm wishing I had a nice warm fire and a good book to curl up with.  Alas, we are low on wood and are rationing it until we have a chance to bring some more home from the property.  The last two nights it got down around 25°F and out little nursery in our Citrus Heights backyard had to be tucked in for the night.  We covered our baby orange and olive trees and the little blueberry bushes.  And my rabbits bunkered down for the night in timothy hay forts, while the chickies huddled together to keep each other warm. 
Today is Thanksgiving and I'm looking forward to more Turkey, crab cakes, Granny Goose's rolls, and all the other yummy food we are having this afternoon!  Right now I'm watching the pre-Thanksgiving Day Parade and then the National Dog Show.  Now, I must go finish my triple chocolate mousse cake.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

No comments: